Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Workstation Improvement

I'm so excited about this.  My brother works for Intel and he surprised me on Saturday with some new hardware for my workstation.  Not only am I ecstatic about getting to utilize Intel's newest, fastest processor, but I'm also elated that it's a processor my brother worked on.  This processor is beating everything else on the market right now.  It took most of Sat. to complete the hardware installation.  I never knew a Dremel could be so handy for such things.  I also highly recommend utilizing an Intel employee ;).
This upgrade has also forced me to switch to Windows 7.  I've had some difficulty reinstalling software, and some of it is still in process.  But for anyone who is trying to install Corel Painter 9.5.  I was able to do so by temporarily turning off the "User Account Controls" under the control panel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment